Joseph Education University -JEU, is the first private flagship of a Catholic university in Myanmar. This university was formally set up under the name of Joseph Education Institute (JEI) by Joseph Kung Za Hmung @ Win Hlaing Oo who is a Catholic Christian man (a lay person) on 12 January 2015 in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
This university has a distinctive collegiate structure. Students and academics benefit from belonging both to the University. This university is made up of different colleges. Colleges are academic communities where students usually have their tutorials with their own administrative and academic authority. Saint Joseph University College (SJUC) is the first college of Joseph Education University – JEU. The SJUC was set up on 25 May, 2019 and is committed to providing Myanmar with four-year Bachelor of Arts and Sciences degrees that students, faculty and committed to the priorities of Catholic social teaching, SJUC seeks competent faculty and staff, and capable students of all religions and ways.
After (5) years of academic achievements, Cardinal Charles Bo, Archbishop of Yangon, canonically approved this institutional statutes as a private association of Christian faithful in his archdiocese on 11 February 2020. It is enlivened by Christian inspiration, engaged in the pursuit of truth and knowledge, serving the human society, especially through the creative use of interdisciplinary approaches.
With the meeting decision of School Administrative Committee on 29 May, 2020, we hereby change our Institutional name to “Joseph Education University” to expand our academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate level to our humanity, validated from on 1 June, 2020.
Our University was incorporated under the Myanmar Companies Law 2017 on 27 August 2021 as a Private Company Limited by shares. This university is a non-profit institution administered by a qualified people who have different academic and business backgrounds. We are also very keen in having joint academic programs and educational association with foreign universities around the world. Any university which wants to have partnership with us, can reach us by our emails.
For nearly six decades, Myanmar suffered from a dearth of respectable higher education and civil society leadership due to a military imposed government. The residual effects of those policies continue. JEU is committed to changing that environment by preparing men and women with the knowledge, skill and moral capacity to enter successfully into the work force, to become professional persons in a variety of fields and ultimately to offer Myanmar the leadership it needs to enter the world stage as a respected partner. JEU will nurture qualified local talent capable of stepping into responsible positions in business, education and science that, up to now, could only be filled by foreign personnel. A unique feature of JEU – and the key to its wide appeal – is the emphasis on the liberal arts which can be recognized in the courses offered throughout the bachelor years.
Our Vision Statement
Faithful to Catholic values, the Joseph Education University envisions itself as a premier Catholic university locally, nationally and globally for its excellence in rendering opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional development of its students.
- Become a world-leading creative campus, with more networking of innovative ecosystems and further artistic and creative development.
- Become even more lively and animated, culturally and artistically, with new services and support for student creativity, and involvement that radiates throughout the city and beyond.
- Build an international strategy for daily living, institutional positioning, and outreach.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- Affirm the University’s position as an inclusive institution, attentive to diversity, in line with its humanistic values.
- Develop innovative, internationally recognized, multidisciplinary research that is centred on ethical questions of human purpose and meaning.
- Develop a reputation for excellence in scientific research in service to the social, economic, and cultural environment of the region and beyond.
- Create a community and a sense of belonging for everyone within.
- Become clearly identified as an innovative creator of new methodologies, processes, and alliances to meet future challenges in health, in technology, in business, in industry and society.
- Pursue the development of the digital campus through the creation of a physical and virtual Intelligent Village promoting creativity.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Joseph Education University is committed to render quality education and trainings services for our people in Myanmar as an intellectual development center of the highest quality with competent expertise.
ကျွနု်ပ်တို့၏ နှစ် ၃၀ ရည်မှန်းချက် (Our 30 Years’ Vision)
Diploma Institute Level
Junior College Level